Thursday, February 7, 2019

Life Lifts for Less

I haven't written a Finds & Buys post in quite awhile, but I've got three fantastic finds and buys to share.  I'm not sure what the weather's been like where you live, but in Chicagoland we've experienced snow and more snow, followed by polar vortex, followed by a bit more snow, followed by crazy fast thaw, followed by threat of ice storm, followed by today's mix of semi-cold, damp, bleak, grey, and depressing.

Money can't buy happiness or better weather, but it can buy stuff and sometimes stuff gives us a little life lift.

For about $8, you could lift your life with all three of today's products.
 Life Lift #1:  Smartly All Purpose Cleaner Smells Like A Meadow 
Buying cleaning products that smell good is a priority for me.  For years, I've kept Mrs. Meyers stocked at home with the occasional sub in of a Method or J.R. Watkins product.  I didn't expect much when I saw this large bottle of cleaner on the shelf at Target but was pleasantly surprised when I screwed off the lid to take a sniff.  I don't know if it smells exactly like a meadow, but the scent is clean, fresh, springy ... a reminder that spring will come, all the dirty snow will melt.  Let's call it "hope in a spray bottle."  Best part?  I think this huge bottle was either $1.67 or $1.76.  There are two other scents, but they didn't do it for me.
  
 Life Lift #2:  Trader Joe's Rose Oil Ultra Moisturizing Hand Cream
The nearest Trader Joe's is about a twenty minute drive for me.  That's far enough that I don't go regularly.  I had an Aha! moment two weeks ago at my WW meeting (see what I did there with Aha! & WW -- Oprah, people, Oprah!!) when it struck me that I was halfway to Trader Joe's and could just scoot over there after my meeting.  Twas a delight to be back at TJ's and I secured some WW-friendly options as well as some cheap fresh flowers and the meringues, full-fat fruit and cream yogurts, and pretzel bagels that my kids love.  I stopped in after today's meeting for more of the same-ish and left with this Rose Oil Ultra Moisurizing Hand Cream.  Let me tell you ... it's plenty of life lift for $4.99.  It's a big tube of cream that is hydrating without being greasy.  I know rose is a scent that some people detest, but I am not one of them.  The cream smells fresh and rosy without being cloying or old-ladyish.

Life Lift #3:  Great Value Chicken Dipping Sauce
Conservative estimate is that I visit the Chick-fil-A drive-thru three times per week.  Once or twice on my own (it is two minutes from the place where I play tennis) and probably once a week on behalf of my family.  I'm there enough to be known by name ("Miss Megan") by multiple employees.  I've achieved Red Status via my Chick-fil-A One app, which means, NTMFB, that I am invited to visit the Chick-fil-A Home Office for a "complimentary backstage tour" for myself and up to five guests and can also enjoy two free tickets to the Chick-fil-A College Footbal Hall of Fame.  All of this is just to prove that I know the restaurant and its menu options, including condiments, quite well.  So when my friend Mina shared on Facebook that she had secured this Chicken Dipping Sauce from Wal-Mart and confirmed via family taste test that it mirrored that of the famous Chick-fil-A sauce, I knew I better get my grubby paws on some.  Before I could even say, "Don't change out of your PJs, kids, we're going to Wal-Mart," Mina had dropped off a bottle for me.  And guess what?  It tastes remarkably similar to the delicious and famous CFA sauce.  The Great Value sauce may have a slight smoky flavor that the CFA sauce doesn't, but all in all, they are very similar.  As a Chick-fil-A loyalist, I want to point out that they are very generous with sauce packets at the restaurant and they do sell larger tubs of their sauces as well.  But, they don't offer a squeeze bottle.  Can you believe that you can secure this delicious sauce in a conveniently squeezable vessel for a mere $1.62?  This product seems ideal for anyone who loves CFA and its sauce, especially if one loves CFA and its sauce but does not live near a Chick-fil-A.  
There you have it, three little life lifts for less than 10 bucks ... what's giving you a lift this winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment