Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas

 Our nativity at home.  One of the loveliest and most special wedding gifts we received.
I was proud of my kids for remembering to place Baby Jesus in his manger first thing this morning.

 One of the nativity scenes at our parish.  

Our grade school's Christmas card, designed by a class of fourth graders.  I just love it.

Finally, a poem that I discovered earlier this year when my daughter was on a poetry reading (aloud) kick.  I can envision a sweet heart-shaped Christmas ornament with the poem on one side.  Will file that idea away in the room mom folder in my brain.  Here's the poem ...

MY GIFT

What can I give Him,
Poor as I am;
If I were a shepherd,
I would give Him a lamb.
If I were a wise man,
I would do my part.
But what can I give Him?
I will give him my heart.

Christina Rosetti


No comments:

Post a Comment