Thursday, May 12, 2016

A Place to Call Home

As a lover of British entertainment, I was drawn to this display at Costco.  A Place to Call Home is an Australian series set in post-WWII New South Wales.  It was described somewhere (can't remember where) as Australia's answer to Downton Abbey.  Down Under accents aren't quite as delightful to me (though still delightful) as British ones, but I like the post-WWII time period, and I think I'll give this series a try this summer.  I didn't buy the DVDs at Costco because it looks like if I add on Acorn TV to my Amazon Prime subscription, then I can stream it.  I'll let you know when I figure that out.  Acorn TV promises "World-Class TV From Britain and Beyond."  Music to my ears.

Are you familiar with A Place to Call Home?  With Acorn TV? 

No comments:

Post a Comment