Wednesday, November 25, 2015
The blurry photo above is as we enter a tunnel of white lights. It's Thanksgiving Eve, and we're about to enter the holiday tunnel. Things can move pretty fast on the holiday road, and I both want and need to find ways to slow down this Christmas season.
Here's what I'm going to try to circle back to when I'm feeling overwhelmed and tired:
1. Presence over presents. Presence over "perfection."
2. Most everyone I know has most everything they need. Less can be more.
3. You don't regret what you can give to those who don't have all they need.
4. Repeat: "Thank you for my life, exactly as it is."
5. Don't rush. Breathe. Sit down. Seek peace.
6. Think of Baby Jesus and the trust, faith, and courage of His parents. Empty head of the worries and details and prepare room in heart for Him.
I'm going to try.