Sunday, November 22, 2015

Stop, Sit, Read

December hasn't begun and it already feels full to bursting.  Several events already on the calendar and an as-yet-unmade-but-ever-growing list of things to be acquired, completed, remembered, mailed, wrapped, etc.  Hours of leisure to cozy up near the tree and read will have to be hard won, but I hope I find/make them.

If I do, here are the books I have on deck.  Elin Hilderbrand's Winter Stroll is the second of a trilogy that began with last year's delightful Winter Street.  Love visiting Nantucket any time of year (via Hilderbrand's novels), and I'm excited for this one because one of my friends, a much tougher grader on Goodreads than I, gave it four stars.   Dash & Lily's Book of Dares is a YA title I bought two years ago with visions of cozy holiday reading in my head.  I adore the cover.  And, speaking of striking covers, Angela Thirkell's Christmas at High Rising is a slim volume, certain to be full of the delightful Barsetshire characters and scenes I enjoy so much.

Any Christmas reading plans for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment