Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Lights Out

You may recall my riveting account of composting our rotten Halloween pumpkins earlier this month.

Here's another exciting tale of conscientiousness and follow through. 

On Monday morning, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a bin at our community workout facility when I was there for tennis.  The bin seemed to be filled with Christmas lights.

I arrived home a couple hours later and noticed the pile of non-working Christmas lights on the floor of our garage.  My husband had placed the lights (and some other get-rid-of-them-please items) in my parking spot in the hopes that I would get rid of them.  A quick google search revealed that I could recycle Christmas lights at a variety of community locations, including the place where I play tennis.  In an amazing feat of memory and follow through, I moved the lights from garage floor to passenger seat, then remembered to carry them into the building and drop them in the bin when I went to tennis today.  Lights out success.

I successfully parked in the garage this evening.  I'd tell you what I did with the other get-rid-of-them-please items, but I don't know if you could handle the excitement. 

1 comment: