Monday, November 14, 2016

Winter Storms

Christmas started early this year or, rather, my Christmas reading did.  I always fantasize about relaxing while reading a Christmas book by the light of my Christmas tree.  Those cozy reading times are hard won in December so I may as well grab the moments when I can in this period of calm before the, ahem, winter storm(s).  Halloween is well over (thank the Lord) so I think it's okay to stroll toward Christmas.

I picked up Elin Hilderbrand's Winter Storms at the library on Saturday evening.  It was finished by Sunday morning and was another wonderful trip to Nantucket.  This final title in Hilderbrand's Christmas-themed trilogy was a satisfying end to the series and, turns out, it's not quite the end...

 What a tweet treat!  I will look forward to Winter Solstice

You may have noticed from the top o' post photo that I purchased copies of Winter Street and Winter Stroll, but borrowed Winter Storms from the library.  I did that because I know from past experience that come January, I will be able to buy Winter Storms for a dollar in my beloved library book sale room.

If you haven't read any of Hilderbrand books or any of her Winter series books, I envy you the hours of reading pleasure that await.

No comments:

Post a Comment