Thursday, March 8, 2018

Audible Monthly Credit(s) Report -- January 2018


I couldn't have started the year better in terms of audiobooks!  I spent both of January's credits on books narrated by their authors.  Both books were inspiring, interesting, and entertaining.

I set a walking challenge for myself this year, and these two titles got me out of the house and kept me company on some cold and snowy days. 

Clare Balding's Walking Home:  My Family and Other Rambles.  Balding is a British television sports commentator and the host of Ramblings, a radio show about walking that has been running for many seasons now.  I loved her honest, humorous, insightful description of her walks, of walking, and of her friends, her family members, and the many interesting souls she has encountered through walking.  I am envious of all the amazing walking and hiking spots in the United Kingdom!  Great inspiration for my 2018 walking challenge.

The Actor's Life: A Survival Guide by Jenna Fischer was also excellent!  The Office helped to get me through the early years of parenthood.  I'd get my little people to bed on Thursday nights and look forward to watching a new episode with my husband.  I had actually started re-watching the series in December so I was definitely in the mood to read Fischer's book.  (Side note:  I just watched the Jim and Pam wedding episode last week and cried real tears because I love them and because I remember how much the show meant to me during those exhausting, sometimes lonely years with three very little kids).  Anyway, Fischer is offering advice to people seeking a career in acting.  That's not me and never has or will be.  And yet, I found Fischer's book delightful and inspiring.  You will take risks.  You will fail.  Don't just wait for work -- find ways to create your own opportunities and projects.  Live a creative life.  I think someone interested in acting can finds lots of practical advice and encouragement here.  Anyone with a dream can find some inspiration here.  Fischer has a new show coming out, and I'm looking forward to checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment