Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023 Reading Highlights

You're not supposed to let the perfect be the enemy of the good (or the good enough) so I'm sharing this year's Reading Highlights without much commentary.  I've provided mini-reviews of most of these books on Instagram -- I'm @booksandcarbs there.  If you have questions about any titles, feel free to leave a comment or email me at booksandcarbs@gmail.com.  The books below are 2023 releases, except where noted.  The books below haven't been ranked and also aren't in alphabetical order.  Again, not letting the perfect be the enemy of the good (enough).

 

Fiction Highlights 

Foster (2010) by Claire Keegan
 
My Husband by Maud Ventura
 
The Heaven & Earth Grocery Store by James McBride
 
Vintage Contemporaries by Dan Kois
 
Amazing Grace Adams by Fran Littlewood
 
The Half Moon by Mary Beth Keane
 
Talking at Night by Claire Daverley
 
Search (2022) by Michelle Huneven
 
The Foundling (2022) by Ann Leary
 
The Home-Maker (1924) by Dorothy Canfield Fisher
 
The Rachel Incident by Caroline O'Donoghue
 
Maame by Jessica George
 
Trespasses (2022) by Louise Kennedy
 

Books I loved (and feel protective of) that you may NOT love ...

Death Valley by Melissa Broder

Big Swiss by Jen Beagin

The Dog of the North by Elizabeth McKenzie
 
The Rabbit Hutch (2022) by Tess Gunty

Wellness by Nathan Hill


Memoir/Non-Fiction Highlights

Exit Interview: The Life and Death of My Ambitious Career by Kristi Coulter
 
Kiss Me in the Coral Lounge by Helen Ellis
 
Hey, Hun: Sales, Sisterhood, Supremacy, and the Other Lies Behind Multilevel Marketing by Emily Lynn Paulson

Life in Five Senses: How Exploring My Senses Got Me Out of My Head and Into the World by Gretchen Rubin

Wake Up with Purpose!: What I've Learned in My First Hundred Years by Jean Dolores Schmidt
 
Write for Your Life (2022) by Anna Quindlen
             
B.F.F.: A Memoir of Friendship Lost and Found by Christie Tate
 
Normal Family: On Truth, Love, and How I Met My 35 Siblings (2022) by Chrysta Bilton
 

"New Books from Favorite Authors" Highlights
 
Somebody's Fool (North Bath #3) by Richard Russo
 
The Five-Star Weekend by Elin Hilderbrand

The Running Grave (Cormoran Strike #7) by Robert Galbraith

Romantic Comedy by Curtis Sittenfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment