Thursday, April 21, 2016

My Bar Method

I'm not talking about fitness.  Bar method may be a great workout, but group fitness is not for me.

My bar method is to eat a KIND bar for breakfast or to grab one for a boost if I have a tennis match at an odd time, say 10:30 a.m. -- too early for lunch, well past breakfast.

I reviewed some KIND bars a few months back, and I'm at it again.

From top to bottom:
Dark Chocolate Nuts and Sea Salt is my gold standard, go-to bar.  I'd be shocked but delighted if another KIND bar ever topped it.  I love the saltiness of the nuts and the thin layer of dark chocolate.

Dark Chocolate Almond Mint:  It's almost not fair for me to review this one because I don't really care for mint and chocolate together.  I enjoy the green (not blue) minty lifesavers and adore the muddled mint in a mojito, BUT thin mints, mint chocolate chip ice cream, grasshopper cookies (do those still exist?), peppermint patties, Andie's mints ... nope, nope, nope, nope, and nope.  I tasted this bar and found it palatable.  I suspect that those who love the marriage of mint and chocolate will really love this bar.  Minty without that icky artificial flavor.

Goodness Knows Peach & Cherry Almond Dark Chocolate:  The flavor of this bar is okay, not offensive and not tremendous.  I do like how the bars are portioned into four big bites.  I had one in my purse at tennis and was able to grab squares during a couple water breaks.  These bars weren't expensive, but I doubt I'll buy them again.

Dark Chocolate Almond & Coconut:  I know that some people's feelings about coconut mirror mine about the mint/chocolate combination.  I LOVE the flavor and texture of coconut.  This KIND bar is phenomenal, like an Almond Joy that you can pretend is sort of healthy.  I am excited to add this one into the rotation and am pleased to report that it is available at my local Jewel.  I would rank it number two after my gold standard.

Goodness Knows Cranberry Almond Dark Chocolate:  Better than the Peach & Cherry one but, still, just okay.  

What's your bar method?

No comments:

Post a Comment