Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Audible Monthly Credit(s) Report: September


My Audible account refreshes on the 12th each month.  I waited exactly one day to spend this month's audiobook credits.

I chose two audiobooks by authors whose books I had loved as listens in the past.  Rules of Civility by Amor Towles was an excellent listen, and I'm sure A Gentleman in Moscow will be as well -- very high star rating on Audible already.

The cover of Ann Patchett's Commonwealth is gorgeous, and I covet the hardcover for my library.  However, I wanted to listen to Commonwealth because two of Patchett's books are all-time favorite listens of mine.  I can remember walking through Lincoln Park with tears running down my face as I listened to Bel Canto.  Post-partum with my daughter, I remember cleaning my Chicago kitchen counters while listening to The Patron Saint of Liars.  Not sure why the cleaning with a newborn memory is a happy one, but it is.  Maybe I'll walk the Illinois Prairie Path for part of my Commonwealth listening.  

Spill Simmer Falter Wither by Sara Blaume is included in my Audible library screenshot, though I didn't spend a credit on it.  It was a Deal of the Day.  I'm not one for books about dogs or one for actual dogs, but I am slowly trying to open my heart.  I see the writing on the wall and it says:  Your husband and sons desperately want a dog, lady, and eventually you'll give in.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a credit hoarder. I have 3 right now and it's sending me into a mini panic (and yes, I get a new one every month rather than the lump sum). Ha! I've been hearing great things about A Gentleman in Moscow. Enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I were a credit hoarder! I have so much fun "treating" myself to two new audiobooks every month though. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete