Saturday, November 21, 2015

Culinary Highlights, Fall 2015

Some of the best (best as in most delicious to me) things I ate this Fall...

These are the Sloppy Waffle Fries from Redamak's in New Buffalo, MI.  Menu description:  Deep-fried Waffle Fries covered with Sloppy Mak and Cheddar Cheese Sauce.  Sloppy Mak is their version of Sloppy Joe -- it's a bit sweet, but the cheese sauce was a good counter-balance.  It is a good melty cheese sauce that does not taste like stadium nacho cheese sauce.  Hubby and I split these in lieu of traditional fries.  Go big.

On the shuttle bus ride back to the hotel after our good friends' Los Angeles wedding in 2007-ish, all the guests were given In-N-Out burgers to enjoy.  I made quick work of mine, naturally, but remember wishing that I could have the full restaurant experience, complete with a fountain DC.  Eight-ish later, I did.  Tasty, fresh burger and thin crispy fries.  Even better than I remembered. 

If I'm out and about running errands during the week, I sometimes pit stop at Chipotle or eat some Chick-Fil-A in my car.  I rarely lunch alone in a non-quick service restaurant, but last month I did have an early lunch at Ruscello, the cafe in Nordstrom.  I was starving after doing several returns and ordered a salad I had enjoyed once before:  Grilled Shrimp & Arugula Salad with Sweet Corn.  Menu description:  wild shrimp, petite tomatoes, polenta croutons, parmesan cheese crisp, creamy garlic vinaigrette.  I asked for romaine because I am not overly fond of arugula.  This salad is perfection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment