Friday, November 6, 2015

Norway, November


A very long but mostly very good day is coming to a close, and I am trying to stay true to my pledge and write a blog post each day.  I took this mediocre photo of my gorgeous (in real life) yellow tree on this blustery November morning.  I thought I'd add a quotation about November and call it a day.  A cursory Google search netted the following ...

"November always seems to me the Norway of the year."
-- Emily Dickinson

I'm too tired to track down the context surrounding this quotation, but I had to use it.  Just last week, my son chose to research Norway for his Christmas Around the World project.  He's been bubbling over with enthusiasm for all things Norwegian most of this week ... as one does, apparently, in November.  It's the Norway of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment