Thursday, November 17, 2016

Glorious

In my lifetime, there has never been a more glorious November for Midwestern weather.  The leaves were slow to change colors but fired up eventually and then stuck around.  Many still cling to trees.  The breezes have been warm.  The rain scarce.  The sun a daily visitor.  Hockey cancelled due to melting ice.  Last year's winter coats still in storage.  The word gorgeous overheard again and again. 
Cold is knocking on our door now, finally, and I'm already regretting all the walks I did not take.  All the moments I did not stop and think, "Wow.  I am to be outside in November without a puff coat."  The garage I did not clean out in non-frozen finger conditions.  The Christmas lights I didn't get a jump start on putting out.

We'll see what the last days of November bring ...

1 comment:

  1. This made me LOL. I was just thinking many of the same things, re: christmas lights, walks, etc!!

    ReplyDelete