Thursday, November 3, 2016

More Fountain Drink Dissertating

It's time for some more fountain drink dissertating.  Remember, I'm posting every day this month so have to pace myself in terms of providing quality content.  Ha.

This summer, our town welcomed a Thorntons, which, if you're not familiar, is a gas station with a fairly comprehensive convenience store.  I had visited Thorntons locations on the road and was thrilled to have one so close.  Why?  Because Thorntons is a fountain drink pilgrimage place.
I won't offer an in-depth analysis here, except to say that this fountain offers most every option a person would desire.  All I need is Diet Coke and a Dr. Pepper (for when I'm splurging).  For the sake of my loved ones, I am glad to see Diet Mountain Dew and Diet Dr. Pepper.  Sorry for such a blurry photo, but it's hard to take photos inside a convenience store without looking like a total creep.

The drinks are 99 cents (cheaper if you are a Refreshing Rewards member) and were 79 cents during the grand opening period.  I didn't photograph it but Thorntons has their own Slurpee product called FizzFreeze that comes in about a dozen varieties for, again, 99 cents.  If you are a rewards member, something like every sixth drink is free.  Since I've treated my kids to FizzFreezes a few times (end of a tough school week, treat on way home from pool), I've earned several free drinks.
Best of all, look at this ice.  This is high-quality, small-pellet ice.  The gift that keeps on giving even after you've finished your beverage.

Keep in mind, Thorntons also sells gas, which I need for my vehicle.

Welcome to Elmhurst, Thorntons.  Glad you're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment