Saturday, November 26, 2016

Treat Yourself Sale

I couldn't post yesterday because I was freezing my toes off while watching two high school football state championship games.  Very fun day though!  The game watching kept me completely out of the Black Friday scene, which is probably for the best since I have not much idea what anyone on my list really wants or needs.  Had I hit the mall, I would have ended up treating myself to bargains instead of shopping for others.


Having skipped Black Friday, I figured I could treat myself to four books at the Audible Treat Yourself Sale and still come out well ahead.  

Goldy Modalvsky's Kill the Boy Band -- creepy title, but I've seen lots of positive buzz about this one on my Twitter feed

Broken Angels by Gemma Liviero -- this is a book club pick, was going to skip it (the book, not the meeting and earring gift swap) as it sounds too depressing for holiday season reading, but it's supposed to be great so maybe I'll listen

Fishbowl by Bradley Somer -- sounds DIFFERENT, but cool, exactly the kind of title I like for listening

So You've Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson -- I think I'll learn from this one, have been curious about it for a while

If you're interested in audiobooks, there are many great titles in the Treat Yourself Sale:  The Goldfinch, Where'd You Go, Bernadette?, A Man Called Ove, The Time Traveler's Wife (one of my first-ever Audible listens), and many, many more.


No comments:

Post a Comment