Friday, February 10, 2017

January & February Kindle First Selections

If you're an Amazon Prime member, remember that you have access to one free book each month to be selected from the six Kindle First offerings.  You have nothing to lose except a few minutes of your time.  Even if I don't immediately read all my Kindle First selections, I enjoy the "free shopping" experience.  It's fun to browse when there's no money on the line.
My January Kindle First selection was Elizabeth Blackwell's In the Shadow of Lakecrest.  I think the Chicago setting is what swayed my decision here.  Current Goodreads rating is 3.68.  I'll report back if I actually read it.
My February freebie was The Marvelous Misadventures of Ingrid Winter, written by JS Drangsholt and translated by Tara F. Chance.  This description of the main character drew me in: "neurotic Norwegian mother of three small children and an overworked literature professor with an overactive imagination."  Hmmm, I'm not Norwegian, nor currently teaching, but still...  Current Goodreads rating is 3.16, which isn't that great, but I'd love to know the average rating from neurotic mothers of three who also love literature (and who feel an affinity for Norway ever since their son's Christmas In Norway project from 2015 -- God Jul).  Again, if I read it, I'll report back.

What about you?  Are you Prime?  Do you take advantage of the Kindle First offerings each month? 


No comments:

Post a Comment