Monday, February 13, 2017

Semi-Homemade Valentines

I've written before about the cute stuff you can make with Avery's online design tools.  Here's how we used labels for this year's valentines.

My daughter wanted to give out heart-shaped sunglasses with her Valentines.  I showed her the options on avery.com/print, and she chose this cupid emoji for her labels.  Adjusted the size, customized the text, printed at home, and stuck them on some leftover envelopes.  She made quick work of writing her classmates' names on the envelopes (a task that seemed tortuous for her brothers at that age) and then put the sunglasses inside.  No cards, just envelopes with the non-edible treat inside.

Less focused on tomorrow's festivities than his sister is, my middle guy didn't much care what he passed out tomorrow.  I wasn't interested in an weeknight Target trip so we turned to label land.  He rejected all the traditional Valentine graphics on the Avery site but was tempted by a sea scene.  We came up with a cute(ish) saying and pressed print. 

We stuck the labels on pieces of cardstock (I'm a craft hoarder so I have that kind of stuff around).  I also had a package of cute pencils (again, hoarder) so we washi-taped (craft hoarder) the pencils on top.  No envelopes for him.

No one from Avery paid me to write about their labels for my tens of readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment