Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Audible Monthly Credit(s) Report -- January

Surfacing after a busy month in the school volunteer zone.

Sorry to keep you waiting (ha!).  Here's how I spent January's audiobook credits.


Jim Lynch's Before the Wind came highly recommended by a reader I trust.  For me, it was just an okay listen.  I felt like I never quite got the feel of the story and definitely didn't connect with the characters.  To be honest though, I had a lot on my mind during the period of time when I was listening to this one so maybe it was just the wrong book for the moment.  Those with knowledge of sailing might want to investigate this one.  Which sailing novel would I wholeheartedly recommend, you ask?  Trustee from the Toolroom by Nevil Shute.  Do I sail?  Absolutely not.

I was a fan of The Family Fang so was really looking forward to Kevin Wilson's Perfect Little World.  Solid listen.  I would have liked the perfect little world of the novel to be more fully developed, but I liked thinking about how the ways the family can (and cannot) be stretched and extended.  Spoiler alert:  not sure of what to make of the suspiciously happy ending, though it's the one I wanted.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't love Before the Wind....I'm not sure it would have made a great listen for me either even though I loved the novel. So much of it was in the writing for me and I have trouble really absorbing that on audio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly, I think I just had too much on my mind when I was listening! At another time, I might have loved it.

      Delete